The IWGA Executive Committee (ExCo) that was elected in 2018 clearly defines five important priorities for developing this TWG Agenda to drive decision-making and further policy development:
- Secure the interests of our current members who seek to be part of a multi-sports event associated with the Olympic Movement, creating global exposure beyond their immediate own sport’s fans.
- Further develop the quality of TWG in terms of athlete, spectator, and host city experience.
- Further grow the global reach of TWG in terms of the global viewership reached and hence increase the commercial and media impact.
- Further sharpen the profile of TWG as some of our sports now also appear on the Olympic Programme and the profile hence has become less clear.
- Develop the IWGA into an organisation serving its members in the best possible way by offering one or two exclusive multi-sports events in close collaboration with its partners, in particular the International Olympic Committee.
The IWGA ExCo will implement the suggestions in this policy document by:
- Proposing changes to the IWGA Constitution to be adopted at the general meeting in 2020
- Implement changes in the Rules of The World Games
- Further developing agreements with other stakeholders, in particular the International Olympic Committee, GAISF, IPC and ANOC
- Making appropriate arrangements with the host city for the programme of TWG 2025 and future editions.
Click on the following link to read the whole IWGA Strategy Paper.